Thursday 2 November 2017

Anjestia Gesang 16611033 (BOOK REVIEW) A Woman Who Went to Alaska by May Kellogg Sullivan




These days, a trip to Alaska might not sound very intimidating,but things were a little bit different back in 1902 when this book by May Kelogg Sullivan wrote about her experiences and adventures during her two trips to Alaska,which she made practically alone.This is certainly something thst wasn't very common for the time periode and her journeys of more tham twelve thousand miles took place ovwe the better part of eighteen months.
Alaska was experiencing a gold rush during the time that this book was written and seeing in through the ayes of an English woman offers a refreshing change of place compared to typical accounts.
Sullivan was not merely a traveler,but took on a number of jobs and made do with some preety uncomfortable conditions during her journey ,which says a lot about her courage and determination.
After I read this book I get a motivation and new motyo in my life "I must going to other country someday and I'll go to America before I die"

No comments:

Post a Comment